Visit the Harmas Jean-Henri Fabre and enter the private life of the famous naturalist.
The Harmas Jean-Henri Fabre is open all year.
- April to August: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 2.30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Wednesdays.
- September to October: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 2.30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Wednesdays.
- November to March: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
The site is closed on Wednesdays all year, on 1st May and during Christmas vacation.
During winter (November to February):
Single price: €5
Outside the winter period:
Full rate: €7
- Young people under 25 residing in the EU on presentation of proof.
- Education Pass holders
- Everyone pays full rate within non-school and non-assimilated groups of 20+ people, reservations are obligatory (one free ticket is offered after 20 people have paid)
- Children under age 3 on presentation of proof.
- Disabled people and their carers on presentation of valid certificate issued by the Maisons Départementales des Personnes Handicapées (MDPH).
- Welfare beneficiaries (according to the Ministry of Solidarity and Health) and those mentioned on the certificate, upon presentation of the valid certificate and photo ID.
- Groups of individuals in social difficulty.
- Unemployed people on presentation of a valid certificate or dating less than 6 months issued by Pôle-Emploi and photo ID.
- Museum staff on presentation of the current year’s card and photo ID.
- Museum student on presentation of valid card and photo ID.
- Valid ICOM/ICOMOS card holders with photo ID.
- Teachers preparing an independent visit with proof from the school, or a guided tour or workshop on presentation of the reservation.
- French or foreign journalists with valid press ID (with validity date).
- Military staff with Carte Sentinelle.
- 1 extra person in a group of 20+ people (group leader, driver, etc.)
- Groups training for the DIREF, accompanied by a Museum staff member.
Payment: cash, cheques, banking cards.
Combined tickets with the Naturoptère
We offer combined tickets with the Naturoptère. Gratuity conditions are the same as for the Harmas.
Full rate: €12
The Naturoptère is an instructional social entity, managed by the Université Populaire Ventoux, but also a cultural and scientific instructional centre dedicated to insects, plants and their environment.
Chemin du Grès
Shop & map
Our shop offers a selection of books about the Harmas and Jean-Henri Fabre and on related scientific topics.
You will find:
- books about Jean-Henri Fabre,
- books on plants, insects, and nature in general, as well as more specialised works on the local fauna and flora,
- pictures of the Harmas,
- fair trade garden decoration,
- stuffed animals,
- children's games,
- some mugs...
You can also consult our bibliographical list which gives details of certain of these works.